New York News
Suspect sets subway token booth on fire
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Police are looking for a suspect who set a subway token booth on fire, injuring the clerk inside.
The suspect poured gasoline around the booth at the station's Lincoln Road exit, and then set it on fire.
A woman working inside was in the booth escaped and put out the flames with a fire extinguisher.
She was taken to Methodist Hospital for smoke inhalation. She was also being treated for trauma.
The station serves the B and Q lines. Service was not affected.
A description of the suspect was not immediately available.
new york city, brooklyn, propsect park, crime, arson, subway crime, subway, new york news
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players 4 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Arrests in counterfeit health and beauty products case 8 min ago
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Lonely Michigan boy gets GMA surprise party
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay 15 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos