New York News
Suspect arrested in 8 Manhattan muggings
MANHATTAN (WABC) -- Police in Manhattan arrested a suspect accused of robbing at least eight people this month.
Police say 43-year-old Stephen Brown of Brooklyn was arrested Wednesday and charged with robbery, grand larceny and criminal posession of a weapon.
Brown is accused of approaching his victims and either simulating or showing the handle of a gun, demanding money or the victim's cell phone, and then running away.
Fortunately, no one was seriously injured in any of the muggings.
Police have charged the suspect for his alleged involvement in eight of the 14 robberies reported.
new york city, mugging, robbery, manhattan, new york news
- I-5 bridge collapses into Skagit River
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Actress Amanda Bynes arrested in Midtown
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid
- Rangers stay alive with OT goal against Bruins
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane...
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma