New York News
CSMP Exchange lets contractors bid on potential clients
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Contractor Joe Shoback and his workers used CSMP Exchange to find the right renovation project.
"Based on price and reputation, the customer chose us," Shoback said.
"Being able to line up prices among contractors is extremely helpful," McConnell said.
CSMPExchange.com is a market place for contractor services.
"It normally starts by the homeowner submitting a project description to the website. The contractors can then send out a bid estimate," said founder Seb Donovan.
On average three to five contractors will bid on a new job. 200 contractors are prescreened for the service.
"It definitely gives us a bump in terms of reputation for sure," said Shoback.
Two years into the service and a number of projects added to its resume CSMP Exchange is moving into larger jobs.
"Our sweet spot these days is somewhere between $50,000 and $500,000 for the typical project size," added Donovan.
"It's a competitive environment so you have to be rather precise on your costs. And you have to manage costs well," said Shoback.
So by now you're asking how much this is going to cost in addition to the project itself. The cost of this referral service is paid in part by the contractor.
"It involves no up-front fees. They only pay once they win a job and it makes their economics quite efficient," Donovan said.
"It's worth it. Yeah, it's worth it. Again, because it's a pre-screened customer and the good will factor," Shoback said.
And anyone having gone through a renovation knows the price of goodwill between customer and contractor: Priceless.
new york city, housing, new york news, tim fleischer
- Large tornado touches down near Oklahoma City 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Muggy 50 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma 21 min ago
- Where is Charles Butler? 8 min ago
- Elderly man falls in Hudson off of Pier 84 1 min ago
- Investigation follows police shooting of student 4 min ago
- Metro North riders forced to find other means
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole
- Young child fatally shot outside Jersey City home
- Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting 25 min ago
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- AccuWeather: Muggy
50 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos