New York News
Brooklyn man released after being wrongly accused
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- A man from Brooklyn wrongly jailed for nearly seven months has been cleared of all charges.
Police released a sketch of the man believed to have robbed four women at gunpoint in East Flatbush last year. Lanell Dowling, 26, was arrested in April of 2010 after being identified by all the victims.
He stayed in jail until his bail was lowered in October.
On Thursday, prosecutors dropped the charges against Dowling when cell phone records proved he did not commit the crimes.
new york city, brooklyn, east flatbush, robbery, new york news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea 55 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Suspect arrested in Kansas City highway shootings 51 min ago
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure 33 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 49 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- ObamaCare signups surpass 8 million mark 31 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet 5 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
49 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos