New York News
Brooklyn man released after being wrongly accused
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- A man from Brooklyn wrongly jailed for nearly seven months has been cleared of all charges.
Police released a sketch of the man believed to have robbed four women at gunpoint in East Flatbush last year. Lanell Dowling, 26, was arrested in April of 2010 after being identified by all the victims.
He stayed in jail until his bail was lowered in October.
On Thursday, prosecutors dropped the charges against Dowling when cell phone records proved he did not commit the crimes.
new york city, brooklyn, east flatbush, robbery, new york news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Where is Charles Butler?
- Investigation follows police shooting of student
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Rally held after West Village hate crime murder
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Photos: Lee Goldberg explains Oklahoma's tornado...
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers