New York News
Pedestrian killed, struck by NYPD van
CHINATOWN (WABC) -- A NYPD police van careened onto a Chinatown sidewalk Friday, killing a pedestrian.
He was rushed to New York Downtown Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
According to investigators, a NYPD Auxiliary Police pulled out of a parking spot and lost control striking both the pedestrian and an unmarked police vehicle.
Two police officers in the van were treated for minor injuries.
The investigation is continuing, but officials said there does not appear to be any criminality at this time.
new york city, chinatown, nypd, new york news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap 47 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos