New York News
Street closures planned in NYC for the Fourth
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Street closures, viewing areas and planned flyovers.
The New York City Police Department announced street closures for the Macy's Annual Fireworks Display over the Hudson River. The event will take place on Monday, July 4, 2011 beginning at about 9:20 p.m. and ending at 9:50 p.m. The Police Department reminds spectators that no large backpacks, lawn chairs, lawn blankets, coolers or alcoholic beverages will be allowed in the viewing area. All restricted items are subject to search and seizure.
Drivers are advised to use public transportation and avoid the following locations between 2 p.m. and 2 a.m.
Spectators may gain access to the Hudson River viewing area from the following locations on 11th Avenue. Access blocks will be closed as viewing areas fill up. Spectators will then be redirected to open access blocks as appropriate.
(11th Avenue at:)
In addition to the Fireworks Spectacular, F-15 Eagle jets and NYPD Aviation Unit helicopters will fly over the Hudson River on Monday evening between the Verrazano Bridge and Pier 86.
new york city, fourth of july, new york news
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement 31 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- NYC Sanitation Commissioner John Doherty retiring
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Malaysian leader: plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in...
31 min ago