New York News
Man gets hit by wave, drowns off Staten Island
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 21-year-old man drowned when a large wave knocked him into the water near Tysen Street and Richmond Terrace on Staten Island.
Police and firefighters searched and found his body in the water.
He was taken to Richmond University medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
An investigation is continuing.
new york city, staten island, drowning, new york news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run 19 min ago
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87 32 min ago
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall