New York News
Man gets hit by wave, drowns off Staten Island
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 21-year-old man drowned when a large wave knocked him into the water near Tysen Street and Richmond Terrace on Staten Island.
Police and firefighters searched and found his body in the water.
He was taken to Richmond University medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
An investigation is continuing.
new york city, staten island, drowning, new york news
- LIRR suspended between Huntington, Hicksville 50 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash 1 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt 37 min ago
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker 47 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NYC home invasion robbery suspects caught on camera 20 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn;...
37 min ago