New York News
Man gets hit by wave, drowns off Staten Island
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 21-year-old man drowned when a large wave knocked him into the water near Tysen Street and Richmond Terrace on Staten Island.
Police and firefighters searched and found his body in the water.
He was taken to Richmond University medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
An investigation is continuing.
new york city, staten island, drowning, new york news
- Mike Woodson out as head coach of Knicks
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Coney Island double stabbing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos