New York News
Suspect in custody in deadly Queens shooting
FLUSHING (WABC) -- One of the suspects in the deadly Queens shooting that left a mother dead and her son injured is now in custody.
And police say the incident may have been a case of mistaken identity.
Suspected gunman Malik Wallace is under arrest. Investigators say he killed Christina Coleman and wounded her teenage son in Flushing on Saturday. Coleman was shot in the head and died at the hospital. Her son was shot in the chest and remains in critical condition.
Police now believe Wallace was actually looking for the woman's older son.
The other suspect, 22-year-old Mark Coleman, was allegedly involved in another shooting earlier in the day. He remains on the loose.
new york city, queens, flushing, crime, shooting, new york news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Train derail victim's brother speaks out about her death
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases