New York News
Suspect in custody in deadly Queens shooting
FLUSHING (WABC) -- One of the suspects in the deadly Queens shooting that left a mother dead and her son injured is now in custody.
And police say the incident may have been a case of mistaken identity.
Suspected gunman Malik Wallace is under arrest. Investigators say he killed Christina Coleman and wounded her teenage son in Flushing on Saturday. Coleman was shot in the head and died at the hospital. Her son was shot in the chest and remains in critical condition.
Police now believe Wallace was actually looking for the woman's older son.
The other suspect, 22-year-old Mark Coleman, was allegedly involved in another shooting earlier in the day. He remains on the loose.
new york city, queens, flushing, crime, shooting, new york news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn 16 min ago
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust 50 min ago
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97