New York News
Is it okay to wear white to a wedding?
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Summer is upon us, and stores are stocked with white dresses. Now let's say you buy a great white dress - can you wear it to that summer wedding you are invited to?
Recently, all eyes were on Pippa Middleton, who wore white to her own sister's wedding. However, Pippa is a different story - her sister Kate had asked her to wear white. This happens occasionally, especially for destination weddings when all the girls where white dresses.
Even though there may be a couple of times when you can wear white as a wedding guest, Amy Eisinger is still pretty strict about etiquette.
"In fact it's probably a good idea to avoid anything close to white," Eisinger says.
However, Stephanie Solomon, who is Bloomingdale's' fashion director, thinks you should throw out the rules completely.
"If you've got a great white dress, wear it," she said.
If you are going to go bold in that white, make sure you accessorize. Do not wear a veil - add in some color!
new york city, wedding, new york news, lauren glassberg
- AccuWeather Alert: Stormy day
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- UK: London terror attack suspects had been probed
- West Point soldier charged with videotaping women
- Truck driver helps catch hit-and-run suspect in Queens
- Oklahoma residents begin hard recovery after tornado
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday 44 min ago
- Jersey City boy killed outside home to be laid to rest
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- Photos: Accuweather forecast in pictures
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem...
44 min ago