New York News
Is it okay to wear white to a wedding?
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Summer is upon us, and stores are stocked with white dresses. Now let's say you buy a great white dress - can you wear it to that summer wedding you are invited to?
Recently, all eyes were on Pippa Middleton, who wore white to her own sister's wedding. However, Pippa is a different story - her sister Kate had asked her to wear white. This happens occasionally, especially for destination weddings when all the girls where white dresses.
Even though there may be a couple of times when you can wear white as a wedding guest, Amy Eisinger is still pretty strict about etiquette.
"In fact it's probably a good idea to avoid anything close to white," Eisinger says.
However, Stephanie Solomon, who is Bloomingdale's' fashion director, thinks you should throw out the rules completely.
"If you've got a great white dress, wear it," she said.
If you are going to go bold in that white, make sure you accessorize. Do not wear a veil - add in some color!
new york city, wedding, new york news, lauren glassberg
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 5 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
5 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos