New York News
Emergency plane landing at Fla. airport
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- A JetBlue plane traveling from Fort Lauderdale to New York has made an emergency landing at Palm Beach International Airport.
Aviation officials say the Airbus A320 plane left Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport late Thursday morning. A short time later, a pilot reported a speed indicator problem and safely landed at PBIA, about 50 miles north of where it took off.
Maintenance crews were inspecting the plane Thursday afternoon.
JetBlue says the 134 customers on Flight 18 were moved to another plane, which was scheduled to leave PBIA around 5:30 p.m. and arrive at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York several hours later.
new york city, emergency landing, new york news
- Actor James Gandolfini of "The Sopranos" dies 38 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine 25 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning 33 min ago
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx 32 min ago
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Upstate NY men accused of trying to make X-ray weapon 15 min ago
- Body found near Patriot's home was homicide victim
- Whistle-blower taped guards sleeping at JFK airport
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
25 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos