New York News
Emergency plane landing at Fla. airport
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- A JetBlue plane traveling from Fort Lauderdale to New York has made an emergency landing at Palm Beach International Airport.
Aviation officials say the Airbus A320 plane left Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport late Thursday morning. A short time later, a pilot reported a speed indicator problem and safely landed at PBIA, about 50 miles north of where it took off.
Maintenance crews were inspecting the plane Thursday afternoon.
JetBlue says the 134 customers on Flight 18 were moved to another plane, which was scheduled to leave PBIA around 5:30 p.m. and arrive at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York several hours later.
new york city, emergency landing, new york news
- Weather puts damper on Coney Island businesses
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Arrest made in Charles Butler case
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Brooklyn Bridge reopens after car fire
- Residents protest bike sharing program
- Bruins eliminate Rangers with 3-1 win in Game 5
- Bethpage Air Show on for Sunday
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Kickoff to a Long Island Summer photos