New York News
Emergency plane landing at Fla. airport
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- A JetBlue plane traveling from Fort Lauderdale to New York has made an emergency landing at Palm Beach International Airport.
Aviation officials say the Airbus A320 plane left Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport late Thursday morning. A short time later, a pilot reported a speed indicator problem and safely landed at PBIA, about 50 miles north of where it took off.
Maintenance crews were inspecting the plane Thursday afternoon.
JetBlue says the 134 customers on Flight 18 were moved to another plane, which was scheduled to leave PBIA around 5:30 p.m. and arrive at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York several hours later.
new york city, emergency landing, new york news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall