New York News
2 NYPD officers charged with assault
WILLIAMSBRIDGE, Bronx (WABC) -- Two NYPD officers are facing assault charges.
According to the criminal complaint, the victim, Tyre Davis, said the on-duty officers struck him "repeatedly with closed fists and kicks about informant's face, head, and body causing informant to suffer substantial pain, a laceration to his forehead, swelling and tenderness behind his right ear, and a contusion on the left side of his forehead."
It's not clear what led to the alleged assault in the Williamsbridge section of the Bronx.
The officers have been suspended.
Both are charged with assault, official misconduct and harassment.
new york city, assault, arrest, police brutality, bronx, williamsbridge, new york news
- New measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 48 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309M for Tuesday drawing
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom 15 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos