New York News
Missing child alert issued for Brooklyn boy
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- A New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services Missing Child Alert has been issued relating to the disappearance of Leibby Kleztky.
There's new surveillance video released by police which shows 8-year-old Leibby Kleztky near a gold sedan with a man on 18th Avenue between 45th Street and 46th Street in Borough Park, Brooklyn Monday afternoon. Police believe he may have gotten into that car.
Eyewitness News obtained a picture of his father desperately searching for his boy, he was looking at surveillance video taken at Shomrim Locksmith on 15th and 44th.
The 8-year-old left Boyan Day Camp at 1205 44th St. Monday evening, but never showed up at his family's home on 15th Avenue in Borough Park.
Tuesday night, thousands of neighbors, investigators, and detectives are helping Leibby's parents search for him.
They're putting up fliers everywhere and combing each and every building in the area.
So please take a good look, Leibby was walking by himself wearing black glasses, a gray and light blue striped shirt, navy pants, black sneakers and carrying a blue knapsack saying "Nechmod Day Camp."
Assemblyman Dov Hikind and two anonymous community leaders are offering a $100,000 reward for anyone with information leading to his safe return.
"I continue to encourage anyone with credible information to please come forward," Hikind said. "This could easily be your child or grandchild. Help us to help find Leibby and bring him home safe and sound."
LINK: ALERT POSTER
new york city, borough park, brooklyn, missing person, new york news
- At least 2 dead, 14 hurt in East Harlem explosion 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 14 min ago
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site 27 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million