New York News
Ground Zero mosque back on the table
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A proposed mosque and Islamic cultural center near Ground Zero is now back on the table after a judge tossed out a lawsuit to stop it.
The American Center for Law and Justice is challenging a decision to tear down a building to make way for the mosque.
The suit was filed on behalf of a firefighter, but the judge ruled he didn't have the legal right to sue. His lawyers say they'll appeal.
new york city, ground zero mosque, new york news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Gridlock traffic for Memorial Day weekend getaway
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- 17-year-old brutally beaten with bat at gas station
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn.
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos