New York News
Teen killed by police during undercover drug bust
BRONX (WABC) -- A teenager was hit and fatally wounded in an apparent police-involved shooting in the Morrisania section of the Bronx Thursday morning.
The 17-year-old was struck on Prospect Avenue, near Boston Road, at around 11:20 a.m.
He was rushed to Lincoln Hospital, where he later died.
Police are investigating whether officers fired the shots that hit the man. The reason of the shooting is under investigation.
Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said the incident appears to involve narcotics officers and occurred during a buy-and-bust drug operation.
The teen allegedly opened fire on the officers, and they shot back, hitting him. Police say a gun belong to the shot man was recovered at the scene. The officers were not injured in the gunfire.
new york city, bronx, morrisania, police shooting, new york news
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub 25 min ago
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- NJ man dies in Long Island Sound canoe accident
- Newtown mental health funding running low
- Malaysia asks countries for radar data to help find jet
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos