New York News
Teen killed by police during undercover drug bust
BRONX (WABC) -- A teenager was hit and fatally wounded in an apparent police-involved shooting in the Morrisania section of the Bronx Thursday morning.
The 17-year-old was struck on Prospect Avenue, near Boston Road, at around 11:20 a.m.
He was rushed to Lincoln Hospital, where he later died.
Police are investigating whether officers fired the shots that hit the man. The reason of the shooting is under investigation.
Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said the incident appears to involve narcotics officers and occurred during a buy-and-bust drug operation.
The teen allegedly opened fire on the officers, and they shot back, hitting him. Police say a gun belong to the shot man was recovered at the scene. The officers were not injured in the gunfire.
new york city, bronx, morrisania, police shooting, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys 24 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire 49 min ago
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos