New York News
Teen killed by police during undercover drug bust
BRONX (WABC) -- A teenager was hit and fatally wounded in an apparent police-involved shooting in the Morrisania section of the Bronx Thursday morning.
The 17-year-old was struck on Prospect Avenue, near Boston Road, at around 11:20 a.m.
He was rushed to Lincoln Hospital, where he later died.
Police are investigating whether officers fired the shots that hit the man. The reason of the shooting is under investigation.
Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said the incident appears to involve narcotics officers and occurred during a buy-and-bust drug operation.
The teen allegedly opened fire on the officers, and they shot back, hitting him. Police say a gun belong to the shot man was recovered at the scene. The officers were not injured in the gunfire.
new york city, bronx, morrisania, police shooting, new york news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife 20 min ago
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon 40 min ago
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Photos: Easter 2014 Around the World
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos