New York News
Teen killed by police during undercover drug bust
BRONX (WABC) -- A teenager was hit and fatally wounded in an apparent police-involved shooting in the Morrisania section of the Bronx Thursday morning.
The 17-year-old was struck on Prospect Avenue, near Boston Road, at around 11:20 a.m.
He was rushed to Lincoln Hospital, where he later died.
Police are investigating whether officers fired the shots that hit the man. The reason of the shooting is under investigation.
Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said the incident appears to involve narcotics officers and occurred during a buy-and-bust drug operation.
The teen allegedly opened fire on the officers, and they shot back, hitting him. Police say a gun belong to the shot man was recovered at the scene. The officers were not injured in the gunfire.
new york city, bronx, morrisania, police shooting, new york news
- NJ Transit buses delayed 30 minutes
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Tree trouble in Dumont
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs 19 min ago
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos