New York News
A modern day milliner in New York City
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Satya Twena grew up wearing hats. Now, she makes them as a modern day milliner.
Her inspiration often comes from landscapes or still lifes, which seem to blossom along the brim of each hat.
"The butterflies move when you walk," she said.
Satya makes all of her hats at her New York City apartment. Those made of cotton or Swiss braid are particularly popular at this time of year.
"They breathe, block the sun, and they are a good option for summer," Satya said.
Way more sophisticated than a baseball hat, she even makes visors which travel well.
"You can literally roll it up and go to the beach," she said.
And these days, there's a growing fascination with fascinators. Just a few months ago, hardly anyone had heard of them. But thanks to the Royal Wedding, fascinators are now appearing more and more on people's heads here in the States.
Satya says there's a hat for every head. It's just about finding the one that works.
So go ahead, try one on and step out in style this summer.
"Every single person looks great in a hat," she said. "Men, women, children, everybody."
Satya only launched her business seven months ago. She's already selling at ABC Carpet & Home, Treasure & Bond and at Bendel's, where she has an upcoming event.
LINK: Satya Twena's website
new york city, fashion, new york news, lauren glassberg
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos