New York News
Cops: Man beat stepdaughter to death with hammer
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- One man is in custody after police say he beat his stepdaughter to death with a hammer at a home in Brooklyn.
Police were called to 1457 East 102nd Street in Canarsie at 2:27 p.m. on a report of a woman assaulted.
There, they found 18-year-old Lakeshia Seymour unconscious inside the home, bleeding from her head. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Her stepfather, 53-year-old Jean Simon, fled the scene and was apprehended by police after his car overturned on the Jackie Robinson Parkway in Ridgewood, Queens.
A Good Samaritan tried to help the driver after the crash, and police say the suspect pulled a knife on him. That man was uninjured.
The suspect ran into a nearby cemetery, where police eventually arrested him.
Charges against Simon are pending.
new york city, brooklyn, canarsie, ridgewood, queens, murder, new york news
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 44 min ago
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 45 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 6 min ago
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- FBI investigates hoax that sent SWAT teams to house
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
45 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos