New York News
9/11 hero firefighter dies of cancer
Saturday, July 16, 2011
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A New York City fire marshal who helped save lives at Ground Zero has died of cancer.
The 58-year-old was diagnosed with esophageal cancer back in 2009.
Newsday reports the department classified his cancer as presumed to be linked to his work at Ground Zero.
Mosiello served with the FDNY for 23 years.
(Copyright ©2014 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
new york city, fdny, september 11 health, september 11, new york news
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
Eyewitness News Links