New York News
9/11 hero firefighter dies of cancer
Saturday, July 16, 2011
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A New York City fire marshal who helped save lives at Ground Zero has died of cancer.
The 58-year-old was diagnosed with esophageal cancer back in 2009.
Newsday reports the department classified his cancer as presumed to be linked to his work at Ground Zero.
Mosiello served with the FDNY for 23 years.
(Copyright ©2013 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
new york city, fdny, september 11 health, september 11, new york news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos