New York News
Exhibit celebrates the birth of the Empire State Building
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Views from the 86th floor observation deck are iconic and the 102nd floor is only for the brave, but the 80th floor of the Empire State Building takes you back in time.
There aren't any breathtaking views from this floor. Here, it's about what's inside the walls. It's a celebration of the building's 80th anniversary. The exhibit opened last week. There are three main themes - the steel, the scale, and the speed.
The exhibit shares numerous remarkable facts as well as reproductions of nostalgic photos and mementos of the more than 3,400 workers who helped create history.
The historic photos on display, even imprinted in the windows, were provided by the skyscraper museum.
Empire State Building visitors can view the exhibit along route to the world-famous 86th and 102nd floor Observatories.
The building is open daily, 365 days a year, from 8 a.m. to 2 a.m.
More information is available at www.esbnyc.com.
new york city, empire state building, new york news, darla miles
- New measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 56 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 1 min ago
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309M for Tuesday drawing
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom 23 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
1 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos