New York News
Wedding industry gearing up for gay marriage
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Amy Eisinger works for weddingchannel.com, which has featured same-sex commitment ceremonies. Come next week, it will highlight legal weddings in New York as well.
Same-sex weddings are great for her business, but more specifically for venues, caterers, florists, dress and suit makers, bands, DJs, photographers, registry companies and even the travel industry. Those in the business are gearing up for the gay wedding community to bring approximately $300 Million in spending over the next two years.
Tatiana Byron brings vendors together at her wedding salon events. Some invitation companies that offer same sex invites even feature the names side by side. This is a less traditional approach that may be mirrored throughout the ceremony.
Furthermore, some same sex couples may opt for a City Hall wedding, followed by a party elsewhere. This is just to be on the safe side of the law, now that the law is on their side.
new york city, gay marriage, same sex marriage, new york news, lauren glassberg
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent 9 min ago
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Bill would require equal access to tenant amenities
- Liam Neeson to tour stables amid carriage horse debate
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets 40 min ago
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win