New York News
Wedding industry gearing up for gay marriage
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Amy Eisinger works for weddingchannel.com, which has featured same-sex commitment ceremonies. Come next week, it will highlight legal weddings in New York as well.
Same-sex weddings are great for her business, but more specifically for venues, caterers, florists, dress and suit makers, bands, DJs, photographers, registry companies and even the travel industry. Those in the business are gearing up for the gay wedding community to bring approximately $300 Million in spending over the next two years.
Tatiana Byron brings vendors together at her wedding salon events. Some invitation companies that offer same sex invites even feature the names side by side. This is a less traditional approach that may be mirrored throughout the ceremony.
Furthermore, some same sex couples may opt for a City Hall wedding, followed by a party elsewhere. This is just to be on the safe side of the law, now that the law is on their side.
new york city, gay marriage, same sex marriage, new york news, lauren glassberg
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97 17 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014