New York News
Wedding industry gearing up for gay marriage
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Amy Eisinger works for weddingchannel.com, which has featured same-sex commitment ceremonies. Come next week, it will highlight legal weddings in New York as well.
Same-sex weddings are great for her business, but more specifically for venues, caterers, florists, dress and suit makers, bands, DJs, photographers, registry companies and even the travel industry. Those in the business are gearing up for the gay wedding community to bring approximately $300 Million in spending over the next two years.
Tatiana Byron brings vendors together at her wedding salon events. Some invitation companies that offer same sex invites even feature the names side by side. This is a less traditional approach that may be mirrored throughout the ceremony.
Furthermore, some same sex couples may opt for a City Hall wedding, followed by a party elsewhere. This is just to be on the safe side of the law, now that the law is on their side.
new york city, gay marriage, same sex marriage, new york news, lauren glassberg
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida 49 min ago
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant 51 min ago
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- Metro North trains set to be removed from accident scene 6 min ago
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Pacers knock out Knicks with win in Game 6
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers