New York News
Teen killed in Queens accident
ROSEDALE (WABC) -- A 19-year-old man is dead and another is under arrest after a late night accident in Queens.
The accident happened at 225th Street and North Conduit Avenue in the Rosedale section just before 11:00 Friday night.
Investigators said a 2001 Mitsubishi Montero struck a 2011 Dodge Charger while trying to pass it on 225th Street.
The Charger overturned, and the 19-year-old driver suffered serious head trauma. He died at the scene.
Police said the driver of the Montero fled the scene, but he was later arrested.
Luis Forero, 24, was charged with leaving the scene of an accident and unsafe lane change.
The name of the victim has not been released pending notification of family.
new york city, queens, rosedale, accident, arrest, new york news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall