New York News
NYC heat wave has claimed a life
NEW YORK -- The New York City medical examiner's office says the death of a 94-year-old woman was caused by the heat wave.
The 94-year-old Brooklyn woman died Saturday.
The ME said Monday that the official cause of death was hyperthermia, with underlying natural disease.
A spokeswoman, Ellen Borakove, says it is the first death in the city attributed to the most recent heat wave.
new york city, heat, heat wave, new york news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall