New York News
Death of Brooklyn girl, 10, blamed on heat
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The New York City medical examiner's office says the death of a 10-year-old girl was caused by the heat wave.
An autopsy found that the girl from Brooklyn died from hyperthermia with underlying medical condition.
The death is the second in New York City related to the extreme heat.
A 94-year-old Brooklyn woman died Saturday. The ME said Monday that the official cause of death was also hyperthermia, with underlying natural disease.
No names have been released.
new york city, brooklyn, heat, heat wave, new york news
- At least 2 dead, 14 hurt in East Harlem explosion 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 21 min ago
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion 6 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 10 min ago
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase 10 min ago