New York News
Death of Brooklyn girl, 10, blamed on heat
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The New York City medical examiner's office says the death of a 10-year-old girl was caused by the heat wave.
An autopsy found that the girl from Brooklyn died from hyperthermia with underlying medical condition.
The death is the second in New York City related to the extreme heat.
A 94-year-old Brooklyn woman died Saturday. The ME said Monday that the official cause of death was also hyperthermia, with underlying natural disease.
No names have been released.
new york city, brooklyn, heat, heat wave, new york news
- Metro North: Conn. train outage expected for days
- AccuWeather: Dreary Night
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello at graduation
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, 21 injured
- Taylor Swift wins 8 trophies at Billboard Awards
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Man falls out window during Broadway show
- Video: Who will win the Indianapolis 500?
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers