New York News
Death of Brooklyn girl, 10, blamed on heat
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The New York City medical examiner's office says the death of a 10-year-old girl was caused by the heat wave.
An autopsy found that the girl from Brooklyn died from hyperthermia with underlying medical condition.
The death is the second in New York City related to the extreme heat.
A 94-year-old Brooklyn woman died Saturday. The ME said Monday that the official cause of death was also hyperthermia, with underlying natural disease.
No names have been released.
new york city, brooklyn, heat, heat wave, new york news
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically 55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 40 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark 55 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 16 min ago
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed 49 min ago
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013 50 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
40 min ago