New York News
New NYC child welfare commissioner named
NEW YORK -- Family Court Judge Ronald E. Richter has been named commissioner of New York City's child welfare agency.
Mayor Michael Bloomberg announced Richter's appointment on Wednesday.
Richter also served as a deputy commissioner for the Administration for Children's Services, and worked for the Legal Aid Society.
He replaces John Mattingly , who's stepping down after seven years on the job. Mattingly plans to return to Baltimore to work for the Annie E. Casey Foundation.
new york city, administration for children's services, acs, new york news
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims 4 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- Suspect tries to abduct 11-year old boy in Queens
- Here and Now
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
2 min ago
- Malaysia asks countries for radar data to...
29 min ago