New York News
New NYC child welfare commissioner named
NEW YORK -- Family Court Judge Ronald E. Richter has been named commissioner of New York City's child welfare agency.
Mayor Michael Bloomberg announced Richter's appointment on Wednesday.
Richter also served as a deputy commissioner for the Administration for Children's Services, and worked for the Legal Aid Society.
He replaces John Mattingly , who's stepping down after seven years on the job. Mattingly plans to return to Baltimore to work for the Annie E. Casey Foundation.
new york city, administration for children's services, acs, new york news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 39 min ago
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- 3-year-old boy gets stuck in Nebraska claw machine 34 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos