New York News
4 arrested, 51 pounds of meth seized in NYC bust
NEW YORK -- Four New York City men are facing drug-trafficking charges after investigators seized 51 pounds of methamphetamine at a New Jersey rest area.
The Drug Enforcement Administration and Special Narcotics Prosecutor Bridget Brennan said Monday the seizure was five times the amount of meth seized in the region in all of 2010. They put its value at $4.8 million.
Using wiretaps, investigators tracked the shipment after it was smuggled from Mexico into Texas. It was then concealed in a truck that carried it to the rest area last month in Ridgefield, N.J.
Investigators arrested the suspects after they received the shipment there. Indictments were announced on Monday.
Authorities say they also seized 11 pounds of heroin worth $6.5 million as part of the same investigation.
new york city, drug bust, new york news
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon 16 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- Bethpage Air Show cancelled for Saturday due to weather
- 2 killed, 1 missing in upstate New York plane crash
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Teen questioned in Queens bus shooting released
- Amanda Bynes speaks out about arrest
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: Boston Marathon Last Mile 36 min ago