New York News
Times Square reopens after suspicious package
TIMES SQUARE (WABC) -- Police shut down Times Square after a suspicious package was found in front of the Toys 'R' Us store.
The suspicious package, which was described as a 2 foot by 2 foot suitcase or box, was found just before 10 p.m. near the intersection of 44th Street and 7th Avenue.
Police closed down the area and the bomb squad was called in to evaluate the package.
It was given an all clear at around 10:40 p.m. and deemed to be harmless.
Times Square has returned to normal.
new york city, times square, new york news
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Possible 'knockout' attack on Lower East Side
- Brooklyn school officials face discipline for not reporting...
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog 10 min ago
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors 49 min ago
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos