New York News
Protest held over Peninsula Hospital closing
QUEENS (WABC) -- The planned closure of a hospital in Queens inspired an angry protest Wednesday night.
The nearest facility on the Rockaway Peninsula is St. John's Episcopal Hospital.
Hundreds of health care workers demonstrated outside Peninsula Hospital demanding the facility remain open.
It would be the fourth hospital in Queens to close since 2008.
Peninsula Hospital has submitted a closure plan to the Department of Health for approval.
Hospital management said it will do its best to transition its workers and the care currently offered.
new york city, far rockaway, queens, hospital, new york news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97 50 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
1 min ago