New York News
Protest held over Peninsula Hospital closing
QUEENS (WABC) -- The planned closure of a hospital in Queens inspired an angry protest Wednesday night.
The nearest facility on the Rockaway Peninsula is St. John's Episcopal Hospital.
Hundreds of health care workers demonstrated outside Peninsula Hospital demanding the facility remain open.
It would be the fourth hospital in Queens to close since 2008.
Peninsula Hospital has submitted a closure plan to the Department of Health for approval.
Hospital management said it will do its best to transition its workers and the care currently offered.
new york city, far rockaway, queens, hospital, new york news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
26 min ago