New York News
Man arrested in jewelry store robbery, shooting
GREENPOINT (WABC) -- A 50-year-old man was arrested and charged with shooting a Brooklyn jewelry store owner last month.
The incident happened during a brazen robbery in Greenpoint that was caught on surveillance video.
Police say Felix Lagoa was identified from fingerprints left during the July 25 robbery of Studio Jewelry. He was arrested Saturday at his home.
"I'm f---ed," Lagoa was quoted by prosecutors as saying. "I guess I'll cop a plea, but I'm not snitching."
Lagoa was charged with attempted murder, assault, robbery, grand larceny and criminal possession of a weapon.
His accomplice, who was caught on camera snatching $50,000 in jewelry from the display case, remains on the loose.
The store owner, 54-year-old Richard Sanocki, was shot in the stomach and remains in a medically-induced coma. His spleen was removed, according to prosecutors.
new york city, brooklyn, greenpoint, robbery, shooting, crime, new york news
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Records: Man in movie theater shooting also was texting 29 min ago
- Man in 'Modern Family' star groping appears in Australia court 38 min ago
- NH woman finds lost cat in pet store 4 years later 14 min ago
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday 11 min ago