New York News
Man arrested in jewelry store robbery, shooting
GREENPOINT (WABC) -- A 50-year-old man was arrested and charged with shooting a Brooklyn jewelry store owner last month.
The incident happened during a brazen robbery in Greenpoint that was caught on surveillance video.
Police say Felix Lagoa was identified from fingerprints left during the July 25 robbery of Studio Jewelry. He was arrested Saturday at his home.
"I'm f---ed," Lagoa was quoted by prosecutors as saying. "I guess I'll cop a plea, but I'm not snitching."
Lagoa was charged with attempted murder, assault, robbery, grand larceny and criminal possession of a weapon.
His accomplice, who was caught on camera snatching $50,000 in jewelry from the display case, remains on the loose.
The store owner, 54-year-old Richard Sanocki, was shot in the stomach and remains in a medically-induced coma. His spleen was removed, according to prosecutors.
new york city, brooklyn, greenpoint, robbery, shooting, crime, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges coming in death of Baruch College student, prosecutor... 6 min ago
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services 59 min ago
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral 14 min ago
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Software engineer teaches homeless man how to code
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Charges coming in death of Baruch College...
6 min ago