New York News
Fire tears through SoHo apartment building
SOHO (WABC) -- A fast-moving fire forced residents out of their apartment building in SoHo Friday morning.
The blaze broke out around 2 a.m.in the basement of a seven-story building on Thompson Street.
The flames shot up a shaft to the roof.
Firefighters battled the fire for more than an hour.
Ten firefighters and one resident were treated for minor injuries.
Fire marshals searching the burned out SoHo building Friday afternoon found 10 pounds of marijuana in one of the apartments.
44-year-old Jennifer Tzar who lives in the apartment was taken into custody and charged with criminal possession of marijuana.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
new york city, manhattan, soho, fire, new york news
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 26 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Workers remove rubble in East Harlem 7 min ago
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens 54 min ago
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- Group running NYC half-marathon to inspire,...
10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
26 min ago