New York News
Fire tears through SoHo apartment building
SOHO (WABC) -- A fast-moving fire forced residents out of their apartment building in SoHo Friday morning.
The blaze broke out around 2 a.m.in the basement of a seven-story building on Thompson Street.
The flames shot up a shaft to the roof.
Firefighters battled the fire for more than an hour.
Ten firefighters and one resident were treated for minor injuries.
Fire marshals searching the burned out SoHo building Friday afternoon found 10 pounds of marijuana in one of the apartments.
44-year-old Jennifer Tzar who lives in the apartment was taken into custody and charged with criminal possession of marijuana.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
new york city, manhattan, soho, fire, new york news
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide