New York News
Man wanted for groping two young girls
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The victims were only 10 years old. Thankfully, they were not seriously injured.
But now, one family is demanding answers: Why were their calls for help met with silence?
In the surveillance video you see the man stop the doors from shutting so he can get into the elevator with two 10-year-old girls.
The young frightened children claim he was a pervert.
You see him grope the girls as they escape. They ran screaming for help.
It happened to Julia Hess' daughter and her daughter's friend.
Friday afternoon, the pair was innocently entering their apartment bldg where the man followed them.
After the creepy incident, Julia Hess called 911.
45 minutes later, there was still no police car.
She called again.
Eyewitness News is told this happened four times. Every time she says she was assured they were on their way.
Two and a half hours later and frustrated beyond measure, Julia Hess says she walked to the precinct to file a report and ask why the police never came.
In response, police told Eyewitness News that a complaint was filed and they are investigating.
new york city, child sex assault, new york news, lucy yang
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know