New York News
Singer Gavin DeGraw attacked, hit by cab
EAST VILLAGE (WABC) -- Singer Gavin DeGraw was hospitalized after an early morning attack in the East Village.
Police say DeGraw was attacked sometime Monday morning, between 3:50am and 4:20am, on 1st Avenue and East 6th Street. It's not clear what he was doing in the neighborhood at the time.
After DeGraw was attacked, he walked to 1st Avenue and East 19th Street where he was clipped by a taxi cab.
DeGraw was taken to Bellevue Hospital where he's being treated for a broken nose and facial lacerations.
The singer didn't initially report the attack to police. Staff at the hospital called it in.
DeGraw was drunk when the attack happened, so police are trying to piece together what happened.
DeGraw and his brother Joey own a bar called National Underground, at 159 East Houston Street.
The singer is currently touring with Maroon 5 and Train.
new york city, accident, assault, east village, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death 17 min ago
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Charges expected in fraternity death
17 min ago