New York News
Singer Gavin DeGraw attacked, hit by cab
EAST VILLAGE (WABC) -- Singer Gavin DeGraw was hospitalized after an early morning attack in the East Village.
Police say DeGraw was attacked sometime Monday morning, between 3:50am and 4:20am, on 1st Avenue and East 6th Street. It's not clear what he was doing in the neighborhood at the time.
After DeGraw was attacked, he walked to 1st Avenue and East 19th Street where he was clipped by a taxi cab.
DeGraw was taken to Bellevue Hospital where he's being treated for a broken nose and facial lacerations.
The singer didn't initially report the attack to police. Staff at the hospital called it in.
DeGraw was drunk when the attack happened, so police are trying to piece together what happened.
DeGraw and his brother Joey own a bar called National Underground, at 159 East Houston Street.
The singer is currently touring with Maroon 5 and Train.
new york city, accident, assault, east village, new york news
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt 58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crews reach basement of East Harlem buildings 8 min ago
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half Marathon 47 min ago
- Suspect tries to abduct 11-year old boy in Queens
- Here and Now
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Crews reach basement of East Harlem buildings
8 min ago