New York News
Singer Gavin DeGraw attacked, hit by cab
EAST VILLAGE (WABC) -- Singer Gavin DeGraw was hospitalized after an early morning attack in the East Village.
Police say DeGraw was attacked sometime Monday morning, between 3:50am and 4:20am, on 1st Avenue and East 6th Street. It's not clear what he was doing in the neighborhood at the time.
After DeGraw was attacked, he walked to 1st Avenue and East 19th Street where he was clipped by a taxi cab.
DeGraw was taken to Bellevue Hospital where he's being treated for a broken nose and facial lacerations.
The singer didn't initially report the attack to police. Staff at the hospital called it in.
DeGraw was drunk when the attack happened, so police are trying to piece together what happened.
DeGraw and his brother Joey own a bar called National Underground, at 159 East Houston Street.
The singer is currently touring with Maroon 5 and Train.
new york city, accident, assault, east village, new york news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch 53 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Man charged with fatally shooting wife in Queens
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon 19 min ago
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Photos: Easter 2014 Around the World
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
53 min ago