New York News
Funeral held for teen killed by SUV on stoop
CROWN HEIGHTS, Brooklyn (WABC) -- A funeral was held Friday in Brooklyn for the young girl killed after an SUV crashed into her stoop while she was sitting on it.
The service for 13-year-old Kira Goddard was held at Saint Gabriel's Church in Crown Heights.
Goddard will be buried Saturday morning at Naples Road Cemetery in Kew Gardens, Queens.
The driver of the SUV, 44-year-old Sean Lewis, also died.
Doctors say he'd been stabbed in the upper body.
His death has been ruled a homicide.
51-year-old Kenneth Risher of Brooklyn faces murder charges.
new york city, child death, brooklyn, crown heights, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box 42 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act