New York News
Upper East Side rape suspect arrested
UPPER EAST SIDE (WABC) -- A man is under arrest, accused of raping a woman on the Upper East Side over the weekend.
Police say 21-year-old Jason Quinones, of East 100th Street, is charged with rape and burglary.
The victim reportedly told police he attacked her while she slept.
She says she woke up to find him in her ground-floor apartment just after 5 a.m. Saturday.
He apparently entered through an open window and window gate.
Police say she woke up while being raped, and then chased the suspect into the hallway and out the front door.
The brazen attack had neighbors very concerned about the woman who was attacked.
"The person had to be very bold and desperate," neighbor Jackie Jenkins said.
"It just makes you more aware, you've got to be more aware of what's happening on the street," neighbor Debs Fewel said.
The victim was treated at the hospital.
new york city, upper east side, rape, new york news, jamie roth
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall