New York News
Upper East Side rape suspect arrested
UPPER EAST SIDE (WABC) -- A man is under arrest, accused of raping a woman on the Upper East Side over the weekend.
Police say 21-year-old Jason Quinones, of East 100th Street, is charged with rape and burglary.
The victim reportedly told police he attacked her while she slept.
She says she woke up to find him in her ground-floor apartment just after 5 a.m. Saturday.
He apparently entered through an open window and window gate.
Police say she woke up while being raped, and then chased the suspect into the hallway and out the front door.
The brazen attack had neighbors very concerned about the woman who was attacked.
"The person had to be very bold and desperate," neighbor Jackie Jenkins said.
"It just makes you more aware, you've got to be more aware of what's happening on the street," neighbor Debs Fewel said.
The victim was treated at the hospital.
new york city, upper east side, rape, new york news, jamie roth
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder days ahead 38 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 8 min ago
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath & Beyond
- High winds damage power lines, Bed, Bath & Beyond store 53 min ago
- Man found alive in body bag dies weeks later 39 min ago
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak
- Major delays on NJ Transit after Newark tanker explosion
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- AccuWeather: Milder days ahead
38 min ago