New York News
Gas service to return after water main break
HAMILTON HEIGHTS (WABC) -- Gas service is expected to be restored by Monday to about 1,000 utility customers in Manhattan.
Gas service has been out since last week when a water main broke in Hamilton Heights.
Water then seeped into the gas main.
To fix the problem, crews had to shut off gas service to more than 8,000 customers.
Most of the service has already been restored.
new york city, hamilton heights, water main break, new york news
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 11 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 8 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 11 min ago
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
11 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos