New York News
Gas service to return after water main break
HAMILTON HEIGHTS (WABC) -- Gas service is expected to be restored by Monday to about 1,000 utility customers in Manhattan.
Gas service has been out since last week when a water main broke in Hamilton Heights.
Water then seeped into the gas main.
To fix the problem, crews had to shut off gas service to more than 8,000 customers.
Most of the service has already been restored.
new york city, hamilton heights, water main break, new york news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97