New York News
Bronx house fire injures 6, including 2 children
BRONX (WABC) -- Six people have been injured in a house fire in the Bronx.
The fire department says the blaze at 2912 Bruner Avenue in Wakefield broke out just before 4 p.m. Thursday.
Two children, ages 2 and 3, are fighting for their lives after being rescued by Good Samaritans.
Two 18-year-old's and a 60-year-old are hospitalized in serious but stable condition.
Eight firefighters also suffered minor injuries. It took a little less than an hour to bring the fire under control. There was no immediate word on its cause but the fire chief at the scene said, "There is a possibility that it was deliberate".
new york city, bronx, child injured, fire, firefighter injured, new york news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation