New York News
Bronx house fire injures 6, including 2 children
BRONX (WABC) -- Six people have been injured in a house fire in the Bronx.
The fire department says the blaze at 2912 Bruner Avenue in Wakefield broke out just before 4 p.m. Thursday.
Two children, ages 2 and 3, are fighting for their lives after being rescued by Good Samaritans.
Two 18-year-old's and a 60-year-old are hospitalized in serious but stable condition.
Eight firefighters also suffered minor injuries. It took a little less than an hour to bring the fire under control. There was no immediate word on its cause but the fire chief at the scene said, "There is a possibility that it was deliberate".
new york city, bronx, child injured, fire, firefighter injured, new york news
- Snowstorm moves into New York area
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- NJ Transit trains back on schedule after earlier delays 39 min ago
- Snow coming down in New York City 5 min ago
- New Jersey getting hit with another dose of snow 4 min ago
- Snow falling on Long Island 53 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela at memorial 51 min ago
- Woman beaten up, robbed on Harlem subway platform
- Driver killed in Queens after crashing into storefront 10 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service 56 min ago
- Snow coming down in New York City
5 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos