New York News
Suspect surrenders in child shooting
WEST FARMS (WABC) -- A suspect has surrendered in a shooting that left two young children in the hospital.
The children, just 2 and 5 years old, were shot while playing outside on East 181st Street in the West Farms section of the Bronx on Monday night
One of the bullets hit Patience Boyd, 2, in the head. Another 5-year-old girl was wounded in the neck.
Police said the gunman started firing into a crowd of children and adults.
The shooter had apparently been aiming for a 20 year old man, and shot him in the back.
The suspect was identified as Luis Moore, 23.
Officers canvassed the neighborhood and posted signs in hopes of finding Moore.
He surrendered to authorities late in the day.
Charges were pending.
new york city, bronx, shooting, child shot, new york news, jamie roth
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park