New York News
Suspect surrenders in child shooting
WEST FARMS (WABC) -- A suspect has surrendered in a shooting that left two young children in the hospital.
The children, just 2 and 5 years old, were shot while playing outside on East 181st Street in the West Farms section of the Bronx on Monday night
One of the bullets hit Patience Boyd, 2, in the head. Another 5-year-old girl was wounded in the neck.
Police said the gunman started firing into a crowd of children and adults.
The shooter had apparently been aiming for a 20 year old man, and shot him in the back.
The suspect was identified as Luis Moore, 23.
Officers canvassed the neighborhood and posted signs in hopes of finding Moore.
He surrendered to authorities late in the day.
Charges were pending.
new york city, bronx, shooting, child shot, new york news, jamie roth
- At least 3 dead, 69 hurt in East Harlem explosion
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two East Harlem explosion victims identified
- Survivors describe explosion in East Harlem
- Dozens homeless after East Harlem buildings destroyed
- Video: 2 men describe pulling child out of rubble
- Investigators focus on an old cast-iron gas pipeline
- Video: East Harlem Explosion on social media
- Video: Damage throughout neighborhood after East...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- Metro-North service restored after East Harlem explosion
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape