New York News
Arrest make in Brooklyn playground triple shooting
BROWNSVILLE, Brooklyn (WABC) -- A man was arrested in a Brooklyn triple shooting that injured a 9-year-old boy and his father.
Police say 19-year-old Gilberto Vicente was charged with assault, reckless endangerment and criminal possession of a weapon in the Wednesday night gunfire on Powell Street in Brownsville.
Vicente was charged with opening fire on the group at about 7:20 p.m., hitting his intended target, a 19-year-old man, in the head.
The boy and his 37-year-old father were both struck in the leg while walking home with food.
The victims were taken to Brookdale University Hospital, where the teenager was in critical condition.
The shooting is believed to be connected to local gang violence.
new york city, brownsville, brooklyn, child shot, shooting, new york news
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze being laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Arrests in counterfeit health and beauty products case 23 min ago
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Orange County school evacuated after ceiling collapse
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos