New York News
Arrest make in Brooklyn playground triple shooting
BROWNSVILLE, Brooklyn (WABC) -- A man was arrested in a Brooklyn triple shooting that injured a 9-year-old boy and his father.
Police say 19-year-old Gilberto Vicente was charged with assault, reckless endangerment and criminal possession of a weapon in the Wednesday night gunfire on Powell Street in Brownsville.
Vicente was charged with opening fire on the group at about 7:20 p.m., hitting his intended target, a 19-year-old man, in the head.
The boy and his 37-year-old father were both struck in the leg while walking home with food.
The victims were taken to Brookdale University Hospital, where the teenager was in critical condition.
The shooting is believed to be connected to local gang violence.
new york city, brownsville, brooklyn, child shot, shooting, new york news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls 22 min ago
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying 31 min ago
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 52 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
52 min ago