New York News
Apparent drug deal leads to police-involved shooting
INWOOD (WABC) -- A New York City police officer opened fire after he was attacked while trying to break up a drug deal in Manhattan, according to police.
Authorities say the plainclothes narcotics officer was trying to arrest two men on Post Avenue in Inwood Tuesday after he witnessed a drug deal around 5:30 a.m.
As the officer tried to arrest one of the suspects, a 23-year-old man, the other reportedly put the officer in a choke hold.
The officer fired his gun, hitting the 43-year-old man in the stomach. The suspect was listed in stable condition at Harlem Hospital.
The officer was treated at Columbia Presbyterian for neck and shoulder injuries.
new york city, inwood, police shooting, shooting, new york news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Where is Charles Butler?
- Investigation follows police shooting of student
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Rally held after West Village hate crime murder
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Photos: Lee Goldberg explains Oklahoma's tornado...
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers