New York News
Apparent drug deal leads to police-involved shooting
INWOOD (WABC) -- A New York City police officer opened fire after he was attacked while trying to break up a drug deal in Manhattan, according to police.
Authorities say the plainclothes narcotics officer was trying to arrest two men on Post Avenue in Inwood Tuesday after he witnessed a drug deal around 5:30 a.m.
As the officer tried to arrest one of the suspects, a 23-year-old man, the other reportedly put the officer in a choke hold.
The officer fired his gun, hitting the 43-year-old man in the stomach. The suspect was listed in stable condition at Harlem Hospital.
The officer was treated at Columbia Presbyterian for neck and shoulder injuries.
new york city, inwood, police shooting, shooting, new york news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls 36 min ago
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying 45 min ago
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster