New York News
Ballistics show innocent victim not shot by suspect
CROWN HEIGHTS, Brooklyn (WABC) -- Ballistics tests shed new light on the shooting of a woman who was caught in the crossfire between police and two gunmen.
She was caught in a shootout that followed an argument between two men. It quickly turned violent when each man pulled out a gun, and what followed was a raw, bloody finish to a weekend of exceptional violence, with dozens of people shot across the city.
On Wednesday night, police said the bullet that killed Gay did not come from suspect Leroy Webster's gun.
It couldn't be linked to a specific weapon, but could have come from a glock, the type of gun used by some officers.
Now, Gay's family is speaking out for the first time.
"Denise was a kind person, she was big in stature, but also had a bigger heart," said Les Gay, the victim's brother.
Two officers were also shot.
They have been released from the hospital.
new york city, brooklyn, crown heights, shooting, police shooting, new york news
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction 1 min ago
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured 14 min ago
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt 27 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Suspect identified in attempted baby...
1 min ago