New York News
Ballistics show innocent victim not shot by suspect
CROWN HEIGHTS, Brooklyn (WABC) -- Ballistics tests shed new light on the shooting of a woman who was caught in the crossfire between police and two gunmen.
She was caught in a shootout that followed an argument between two men. It quickly turned violent when each man pulled out a gun, and what followed was a raw, bloody finish to a weekend of exceptional violence, with dozens of people shot across the city.
On Wednesday night, police said the bullet that killed Gay did not come from suspect Leroy Webster's gun.
It couldn't be linked to a specific weapon, but could have come from a glock, the type of gun used by some officers.
Now, Gay's family is speaking out for the first time.
"Denise was a kind person, she was big in stature, but also had a bigger heart," said Les Gay, the victim's brother.
Two officers were also shot.
They have been released from the hospital.
new york city, brooklyn, crown heights, shooting, police shooting, new york news
- New measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 14 min ago
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Firefightes battling Bronx car fire find body inside 28 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 14 min ago
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns' 19 min ago
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash...
14 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
14 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos