New York News
Child reunited with family after put on wrong bus
BROWNSVILLE (WABC) -- The first day of school brought a scare and a huge police response after a child was placed on the wrong bus Thursday morning.
It was certainly a much happier ending for a mother in Brownsville following the anxious moments that preceded it.
Police say the mother accidentally placed him on the wrong school bus, and several hours later the astute bus driver realized the mistake.
The driver took the boy to his proper school, PS 289, where he was supposed to have ended up, and that's when police picked the child up and reunited him with his mother.
There were tense moments and large police presence as the family waited for word.
The little boy was returned to his family around noon.
new york city, brooklyn, brownsville, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees