New York News
Child reunited with family after put on wrong bus
BROWNSVILLE (WABC) -- The first day of school brought a scare and a huge police response after a child was placed on the wrong bus Thursday morning.
It was certainly a much happier ending for a mother in Brownsville following the anxious moments that preceded it.
Police say the mother accidentally placed him on the wrong school bus, and several hours later the astute bus driver realized the mistake.
The driver took the boy to his proper school, PS 289, where he was supposed to have ended up, and that's when police picked the child up and reunited him with his mother.
There were tense moments and large police presence as the family waited for word.
The little boy was returned to his family around noon.
new york city, brooklyn, brownsville, new york news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 41 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam 7 min ago
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 8 min ago
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos