New York News
Vehicle stop leads to huge pot bust
PARKCHESTER, Bronx (WABC) -- Narcotics Detectives stopped a vehicle in the Bronx only to end up busting a pot ring.
When detectives from the Narcotics Borough Manhattan Tactical Response Team stopped the car in the Parkchester section, they noticed a strong odor of marijuana coming out of the vehicle.
The driver admitted to police that there was marijuana in the truck.
Detectives found two large bags of marijuana weighing 25 pounds.
The driver was arrested.
Subsequent to the car stop the continued investigation led detectives to 1122 Taylor Ave in the Bronx were a second man was seen exiting the location with similar bags to the ones already seized.
That observation led to a second vehicle stop and the seizure of an additional 16 pounds of marijuana.
As a result of the seizures a search warrant was secured for 1122 Taylor Ave where an additional 310 pounds of marijuana was seized by detectives.
66-year-old Denroy Morgan was charged with Criminal Possession of Marijuana, Failure to stop at a stop sign and no seatbelt.
Also arrested and charged with Criminal Possession of Marijuana and no seatbelt was 46-year-old Wayne Swavy.
new york city, bronx, drug arrest, marijuana, new york news
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers 16 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli 22 min ago
- 2 injured in elevator accident in Manhattan building
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green