New York News
Bocelli concert amazes thousands in Central Park
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Andrea Bocelli wowed the crowd Thursday night in Central Park as thousands packed the Great Lawn.
"The weather is lousy, but it's worth it to see Andrea Bocelli," said Joan Houghton, a concertgoer.
They bundled up against the rain and wind to see another Central Park milestone unfold on stage.
Celine Dion joined the Italian tenor in a free concert that also included Tony Bennett.
You can understand why thousands of people stood in long lines to see it.
It looked like the show might not go on earlier in the evening as the storm clouds moved in bringing the wind and rain.
But it only delayed some of the concert preparations.
Ultimately at about 7 p.m. Andrea Bocelli took the stage with the sound of the opera singer's booming voice filling Central Park.
new york city, central park, new york news, jeff pegues
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos