New York News
Bocelli concert amazes thousands in Central Park
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Andrea Bocelli wowed the crowd Thursday night in Central Park as thousands packed the Great Lawn.
"The weather is lousy, but it's worth it to see Andrea Bocelli," said Joan Houghton, a concertgoer.
They bundled up against the rain and wind to see another Central Park milestone unfold on stage.
Celine Dion joined the Italian tenor in a free concert that also included Tony Bennett.
You can understand why thousands of people stood in long lines to see it.
It looked like the show might not go on earlier in the evening as the storm clouds moved in bringing the wind and rain.
But it only delayed some of the concert preparations.
Ultimately at about 7 p.m. Andrea Bocelli took the stage with the sound of the opera singer's booming voice filling Central Park.
new york city, central park, new york news, jeff pegues
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games 27 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos