New York News
Shootout involving police leaves 1 hurt in the Bronx
BRONX (WABC) -- A police-involved shooting in the Bronx is under investigation Wednesday.
The incident happened at East 187th Street and Prospect Avenue in Belmont just after midnight.
Police say two groups of men with guns got into a shootout with each other, before officers got involved and also opened fire.
One person suffered a graze wound to the leg and fled the scene.
Later, a man showed up at St. Barnabas Hospital with that same kind of injury.
No arrests have been made, and no officers were hurt.
new york city, bronx, police shooting, new york news
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 1 winning ticket sold for record Powerball jackpot
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Official: Broken rail eyed in Metro North crash
- Police say fatal Greenwich Village shooting a hate crime
- Oxbow wins the Preakness Stakes
- Pacers knock out Knicks with win in Game 6
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos