New York News
Man shot after police chase, shootout in Brooklyn
EAST FLATBUSH (WABC) -- A man is hospitalized in Brooklyn Friday after police shot him following a chase and manhunt.
The man allegedly ran from police when they approached him at the intersection of Linden Boulevard and East 49th Street in East Flatbush just after midnight.
The suspect led dozens of officers on a manhunt for about an hour. Then, he exchanged gunfire with police and was shot.
He ran again and was eventually found hiding under a car.
He is expected to survive.
There is no word on the circumstances of the initial stop or what charges the man is facing.
new york city, brooklyn, east flatbush, shooting, police chase, new york news
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson to tour stables in NYC carriage horse debate
- Stage collapses at California high school; dozens hurt 3 min ago
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams