New York News
Man shot after police chase, shootout in Brooklyn
EAST FLATBUSH (WABC) -- A man is hospitalized in Brooklyn Friday after police shot him following a chase and manhunt.
The man allegedly ran from police when they approached him at the intersection of Linden Boulevard and East 49th Street in East Flatbush just after midnight.
The suspect led dozens of officers on a manhunt for about an hour. Then, he exchanged gunfire with police and was shot.
He ran again and was eventually found hiding under a car.
He is expected to survive.
There is no word on the circumstances of the initial stop or what charges the man is facing.
new york city, brooklyn, east flatbush, shooting, police chase, new york news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls 10 min ago
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying 19 min ago
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run 49 min ago
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 40 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
40 min ago