New York News
Deadly hit and run in Brooklyn
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Police are investigating a deadly hit and run accident in Brooklyn.
A pedestrian was struck in the intersection of Flatlands Avenue and Utica Avenue in the Flatlands section on Friday.
Police say the 56-year-old woman was crossing in the intersection when she was struck by a unknown vehicle traveling east on Flatlands Avenue.
The operator of the vehicle fled the scene.
The woman was taken to Brookdale Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
So far there are no arrests as the investigation continues.
new york city, brooklyn, flatlands, accident, crime, hit and run accident, new york news
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week 7 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze' 1 min ago
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Moriches boat crash injures 3 fishermen
- Search for missing teenager in Linden, New Jersey
- Woman's body discovered in Rochelle Park
- 5-year old girl from East Harlem found 58 min ago
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
1 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
7 min ago