New York News
Deadly hit and run in Brooklyn
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Police are investigating a deadly hit and run accident in Brooklyn.
A pedestrian was struck in the intersection of Flatlands Avenue and Utica Avenue in the Flatlands section on Friday.
Police say the 56-year-old woman was crossing in the intersection when she was struck by a unknown vehicle traveling east on Flatlands Avenue.
The operator of the vehicle fled the scene.
The woman was taken to Brookdale Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
So far there are no arrests as the investigation continues.
new york city, brooklyn, flatlands, accident, crime, hit and run accident, new york news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments