New York News
Water main break snarls traffic on West Side Highway
UPPER WEST SIDE (WABC) -- A water main break causes a traffic nightmare on the Upper West Side.
The 12 inch water main broke Saturday afternoon.
Water has been shut down since 1:15 p.m.
At this point, no water customers are affected.
Two lanes of the southbound side of the West Side Highway are closed to traffic starting at 96th Street.
The Department of Transportation is assessing the structural integrity of the road, but there does not appear to be any damage.
new york city, west side highway, water main break, new york news
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs 12 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected 36 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown 911 calls released 12 min ago
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized 5 min ago
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line 55 min ago
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Police arrest 2 in Long Island menorah vandalism
- Man dies paragliding after hitting ice
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
12 min ago
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
5 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected
36 min ago