New York News
Political battle over livery cabs
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A growing political battle in Albany over legislation allowing livery cabs to pick up street hails in New York City's outer boroughs and Upper Manhattan.
The legislature has already approved the proposal.
However, the governor says support for the legislation is weakening.
Mayor Bloomberg argues the bill is crucial to the city's economy.
new york city, livery cab, andrew cuomo, michael bloomberg, new york news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach 10 min ago
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on 39 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 53 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school 20 min ago
- Water line floods three Midtown building...
37 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos