New York News
Political battle over livery cabs
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A growing political battle in Albany over legislation allowing livery cabs to pick up street hails in New York City's outer boroughs and Upper Manhattan.
The legislature has already approved the proposal.
However, the governor says support for the legislation is weakening.
Mayor Bloomberg argues the bill is crucial to the city's economy.
new york city, livery cab, andrew cuomo, michael bloomberg, new york news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 42 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run 14 min ago
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect 23 min ago
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Battling a third party energy company
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks head 53 min ago
- Photos: Stolen jewelry items in Ramsey robbery
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for...
5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
42 min ago