New York News
Young man fatally stabbed in Chelsea
UPPER WEST SIDE (WABC) -- A night of fun turned into a tragedy for one young man from the Upper West Side.
The building where he grew up on 108th Street by Central Park West is the building where mourners gathered Monday night to light a candle, leave a thought and share a hug.
With news of 23-year-old Christopher Adames' violent death still spreading through the neighborhood, it was hard for the crowd to digest the sudden loss of such a vibrant young man.
Adames was fatally stabbed around 5 a.m. Monday on West 21st Street.
Eyewitness News was told he went to a club with a friend.
As they were leaving, police say someone took a knife to his body again and again.
He was lovingly called Kiko by friends and family.
He lived with his 5-year-old daughter and his girlfriend, who was too upset to talk about her pain.
Eyewitness News learned that Adames worked as a security guard and recently as a local barber as well.
So far, there are no arrests.
new york city, chelsea, upper west side, stabbing, new york news, lucy yang
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos