New York News
Young man fatally stabbed in Chelsea
UPPER WEST SIDE (WABC) -- A night of fun turned into a tragedy for one young man from the Upper West Side.
The building where he grew up on 108th Street by Central Park West is the building where mourners gathered Monday night to light a candle, leave a thought and share a hug.
With news of 23-year-old Christopher Adames' violent death still spreading through the neighborhood, it was hard for the crowd to digest the sudden loss of such a vibrant young man.
Adames was fatally stabbed around 5 a.m. Monday on West 21st Street.
Eyewitness News was told he went to a club with a friend.
As they were leaving, police say someone took a knife to his body again and again.
He was lovingly called Kiko by friends and family.
He lived with his 5-year-old daughter and his girlfriend, who was too upset to talk about her pain.
Eyewitness News learned that Adames worked as a security guard and recently as a local barber as well.
So far, there are no arrests.
new york city, chelsea, upper west side, stabbing, new york news, lucy yang
- Actor James Gandolfini of "The Sopranos" dies
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Upstate NY men accused of trying to make X-ray weapon
- Body found near Patriot's home was homicide victim
- Whistle-blower taped guards sleeping at JFK airport
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos