New York News
Stolen taxi, police van crash stalls LaGuardia traffic
QUEENS (WABC) -- A suspect who stole a taxi at LaGuardia Airport didn't get very far, crashing into a police van at the airport's entrance.
The collision closed one of the entrances to the airport for more than an hour, backing up traffic.
Police say the suspect stole the taxi at the Central Terminal Building just after 5 a.m. Friday.
Moments later, the cab crashed into a police van at the airport's 94th Street entrance.
The suspect was taken to Elmhurst Hospital. The two police officers in the van sustained minor injuries.
The 94th Street entrance to the airport was closed for the police investigation. Drivers were directed to the 102nd Street entrance or the entrance from the Grand Central Parkway.
new york city, laguardia airport, accident, new york news
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Child, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 18 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos