New York News
Suspect charged in Queens sex attack
NEW YORK -- A suspect has been arrested in connection with an attempted rape in Queens that was thwarted by an ex-Marine who yelled at the would-be rapist after hearing screams.
Police said Friday that 41-year-old Kenneth King was arrested on charges of attempted rape and attempted sex abuse in Wednesday's attack. Information about his lawyer was not immediately available.
Police say the victim was standing on the street when the suspect forced her into the brush near the Cross Island Parkway, threw her to the ground, and attempted to sexually assault her.
Brian Teichman had just dropped off his daughter at a baby-sitter's home when he heard the woman's screams and yelled at the suspect who then fled the scene.
new york city, rape, rescue, queens, new york news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos