New York News
Plaxico Burress packs meals for famine victims
LOWER MANHATTAN (WABC) -- From catching passes on the football field to helping out in the community.
Jets wide receiver Plaxico Burress was in Lower Manhattan on Saturday packaging meals for famine victims in the horn of Africa.
The humanitarian group Feed My Starving Children organized the event.
Nearly 1,000 people volunteered.
Burress also took some time to sign autographs.
new york city, new york jets, plaxico burress, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death 40 min ago
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Charges expected in fraternity death
40 min ago