New York News
Plaxico Burress packs meals for famine victims
LOWER MANHATTAN (WABC) -- From catching passes on the football field to helping out in the community.
Jets wide receiver Plaxico Burress was in Lower Manhattan on Saturday packaging meals for famine victims in the horn of Africa.
The humanitarian group Feed My Starving Children organized the event.
Nearly 1,000 people volunteered.
Burress also took some time to sign autographs.
new york city, new york jets, plaxico burress, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week 36 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet 49 min ago
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx 23 min ago
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Vietnam says cannot find object from...
49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
36 min ago